Waterville Creates! is a non profit organization that promotes arts and cultural events and educational programming in greater Waterville. With a primary focus on collaborative initiatives with diverse community partners, Waterville Creates! serves as a coordinating entity to promote Waterville as a cultural destination. Waterville Creates! supports community arts and cultural initiatives to increase access and develop a wide array of programs for all audiences.
PK WTVL volume 31 will take place on Friday, May 3, 2019 - at Colby College- Diamond Building/ Ostrove Auditorium.
PechaKucha Night Waterville is a creative networking event centered on storytelling in 20x20. Every event is well attended and provides its own distinctive journey.
Selected presenters will be notified via email
PechaKucha Night Waterville is presented by a volunteer Team PK, Waterville Creates!, and the Waterville Public Library. The Colby College Center for the Arts & Humanities is the PK Waterville 2018-2019 season sponsor. Visit the PK WTVL Facebook page for updates.
PechaKucha Night - devised and shared by Klein Dytham architecture.
Check out past PK WTVL presentations on YouTube & Vimeo:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207.680.2611.
mojas 2019 submission guidelines
eligibility: open to all maine artists. original fine art in any media and fine craft (jewelry + apparel are not eligible). each artist may submit up to two pieces of their original artwork created in 2017, 2018, or 2019. any work previously submitted and/or exhibited in a past mojas show will not be eligible. giclée +other reproductions are not eligible. cash prizes will be awarded.
· entry fee: $35 entry fee required. entry fees are non-refundable and decisions of mojas 2019 jurors are final.
· all submissions must be submitted digitally to submittable (https://watervillecreates.submittable.com/submit) by june 3, 2019.
· only original art will be admitted. reproductions of any kind will not be eligible, including giclée.
· 2d + 3d works are eligible for submission. not to exceed 30 x 30 x 30, including frame.
· upon inclusion in the exhibition, work may not be deinstalled for any reason until the close of business on the final day of the exhibition.
· waterville creates! + common street arts + waterville area arts society may use photographs and digital images of submitted work for publicity and promotional purposes and will credit the artist as space allows.
· artists are responsible for the shipping of their work to and from the exhibition.
· all work will be insured by common street arts while on the premises.
· common street arts will offer a 70% artists commission for any work sold.
· refunds will not be provided for entries that are not included in the final exhibition.
· selected work must be labeled with artist name, title, year created, and medium on the back of each piece. if the work is not for sale, please indicate NFS on work.
· selected 2D work must be framed. Unless canvases are gallery wrapped (no staples visible). Frames + canvases must be wired and ready to hang. Sawtooth hangers, loops, or unstable frames will not be accepted.
· june 3, 2019: complete entries due by 11:59pm on june 3rd. digital images, entry form & fee must be received on or before this date for judging. incomplete submissions will not be considered.
· june 10, 2019: jurors will review artists digital submissions.
· june 17, 2019: selected artists will be notified by email.
· august 12 – september 7, 2019 – exhibition on view at common street arts
· august 15, 2019- opening reception – awards presentation at 6pm